This course is designed to enable participants to reflect on their identity, capabilities, and behaviours as leaders. In this two-day transformational workshop, you will discover what makes you a leader (identity and mindset), what your core beliefs about leadership are (values), what you are capable of as a leader, and how to translate these into deeper, stronger and more influential relationships with other people. The course is based on extensive and rigorous research in leadership development. Innovative teaching elements such as peer-to-peer coaching and experiential exercises are presented to deepen and enhance participant’s learning, self-reflection and experience. The course aims to deliver outstanding results for individuals and organisations.
Who Will Benefit?
The course is recommended for executive managers, team leaders, and professional staff.
A highly experiential and individualised course, topics covered include:
- Leader identity – understanding how you see yourself as a leader
- Self-leadership – barriers to leading, negative thoughts, fears, and winning mindset
- Values and purpose – recognise how your leadership transcends organisations
- Power and influence – inspire others to achieve their mission
- Relational leadership – lead through developing effective relationships.
- Understand the foundations of personal leadership: identity, values, mindset and purpose
- Learn and implement behavioural strategies for more effective self-leadership
- Uncover leadership values and purpose and align behaviours
- Develop a personalised action-based leadership development plan with input from the facilitator and peers.
- Access to an assessment tool developed to uncover your leadership identity, strengths and weaknesses
- Research-based leadership development program and activities designed for learning and impact
- Strong emphasis on activities such as experiential exercises, case studies, group discussion and peer-to-peer learning
- Targeted feedback by an experienced facilitator and peers.
About the facilitator
Dr Darja Kragt
Dr Darja Kragt is a Lecturer in Work Psychology at the University of Western Australia. She is also a leadership consultant, program facilitator, speaker and author. Darja’s research is focused on the development of leadership skills and competencies, particularly, how leader identity shapes leadership behaviour and effectiveness.
Darja is passionate about helping individuals and organisations to develop more effective and inclusive leadership. Her unique strengths as a leadership development professional are superb understanding of research evidence and ability to translate these insights into actionable practices.
Darja has designed and facilitated numerous leadership development workshops and programs for professionals, MBAs and executives in Australia and Europe.
Darja has completed a doctoral degree in Leadership Development at UWA Business School and two Master degrees in International Management and Business Research at Maastricht University in the Netherlands. Her research has been published in highly ranked, peer-reviewed journals.